High-rise buildings are always carefully and fully built to ensure the safety of occupants in the future. And the installation of the MEP system for the building is very important, that’s why people call the MEP system the “soul” of the high-rise building because without this system, the house will does not work smoothly. Because of that importance, today P69 Mechanical Factory will guide you to learn about MEP design solutions for high-rise buildings in the most detail.
What is MEP?
MEP is written by the phrase Mechanical Electrical Plumbing
– M stands for Mechanical, that is, mechanical systems which include heating systems, air conditioning systems, ventilation systems and other mechanical systems.
– E stands for Electrical, which means electrical-related systems in which the most common are lighting systems and power supply systems.
– P stands for Plumbing ie water supply system, drainage system, or water supply and drainage system. Sometimes it also includes fire extinguishing systems.
In an overview of the MEP system, it can be said that in addition to the systems related to Architecture, structure, and interior, MEP is all that remains related to mechanical, electrical and related. water – engineering things that help a building work to ensure human functioning.
Categories of MEP system
– Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning, or HVAC)
– Water supply and drainage and sanitary equipment (Plumbing & Sanitary, or P&S)
– Electrical system
– Fire alarm & Fire fighting System
=> In the works, the electrical part accounts for 45-65% of the work volume, in some places up to 75-80%.
MEP design solutions for high-rise buildings
These are the solutions to design MEP that P69 Mechanical Factory wants to share with you
1. Floor plans and facade solutions in high-rise buildings
– In high-rise buildings, the layout of the premises must be suitable to the requirements of use. Ensure to meet the standards for ventilation and natural lighting, and at the same time, there must be a reasonable load-bearing diagram, easy to concentrate technical systems such as vertical intersections (elevators, stairs), layout of urban areas. sanitation, kitchen, water supply and drainage pipes, lighting electricity, telephone cables, television cables, telecommunications, fire fighting water supply pipes, garbage disposal pipes, gas supply ….
– Details related to architecture on the facade of the house must be made of high-strength materials, avoiding moss. Especially, it must ensure the function of shielding, ventilation, natural lighting, sunshade, and rain protection.
– Design engineers should choose a simple façade solution, the color is in harmony with the overall plan, should avoid using too cumbersome decorative details.
2. Requirements, optimal solutions in water supply and drainage design (MEP design)
In high-rise buildings, the design of domestic water supply and firefighting water systems must be as prescribed in current standards. This is always strictly followed by Cnectdots design engineers.
Depending on the comfort level of the project, the maximum daily water use standard is calculated from 200 liters / person / day, night to 300 liters / person / day and night. The standard of firefighting water is 2.5 liters/second/column and the number of firefighting water columns inside the house is 2.
In addition, engineers need to make full use of the pressure of the external water supply pipeline. When there is not enough pressure, a water supply partition system must be designed to ensure water flow and pressure.
2.1. Water pressure
– Working water pressure of cleaning tools in domestic water supply system must be less than 60m. The constant free pressure of the fire hydrants inside the building must ensure that the water column height must be greater than 6m.
Note: For the area where the water pressure is not enough to supply water to the fire hydrants in the house, it is necessary to put a pump to increase pressure and have a remote control unit, located right at the fire hydrant.
– Water must be guaranteed to supply continuously for water demand in high-rise buildings. In case of insufficient water pressure and flow, storage tanks, pumps or other pressure boosting devices must be arranged.
The distribution network of water supply pipes inside high-rise buildings is located in basements, technical floors. Note, do not put together with ventilation and vent pipes.
In the design of the MEP for the water supply and drainage part, there must be a solution to prevent noise due to phenomena and hydraulics for water supply and drainage equipment such as pressure reducing valves, water intake faucets, pumps…
2.2. Reduce water pressure
In order to reduce water pressure and avoid water waste, the following equipment should be placed on the inlet pipe or on the branch pipe leading to the water intake points on each floor:
– Set black bar (perforated shield) when flow is constant
– Set the device to adjust the pressure when the flow changes
– A pressure water tank or water tank must be placed on the roof of a high-rise building to ensure the volume of water stored in order to adjust the non-air-conditioned water regime and supply fire-fighting water within 10 minutes. A separate distribution pipe is required to ensure that the amount of fire fighting water is not used for other purposes.
Note: In all cases, the pressure water tank capacity should not be more than 25 m3. If the regulation is exceeded, it must be subdivided to serve a certain water supply area.
2.3. Drainage system
– Domestic wastewater standards are taken according to water supply standards and designed according to self-flowing mode. If it is not possible to flow to the outside drainage system by itself, a drainage pumping station must be designed. The design of the internal drainage system should comply with the provisions of the current standard.
– For domestic drainage system, it is necessary to separate urine and water for bathing and daily life.
Moreover, it is necessary to design rainwater drainage systems on the roof and basement rainwater drainage. The basement rainwater drainage system is collected at manholes and then automatically pumped into the drainage system by pumps.
– The arrangement of the rainwater collection funnel on the roof must be calculated based on the roof plan, the allowable water collection area of a collecting funnel and the roof structure.
3. Ventilation and air conditioning design solutions in MEP design
Engineers can design central air conditioning systems for public spaces in the building. The central air conditioning system can be an independent or non-independent unit located at an appropriate location with the length of the outgoing and returning air ducts less than 60m.
Particularly for apartments, it is advisable to design a local air conditioning system. Note that the installation location of air-conditioning equipment and pipes to collect water from the air conditioner must be available so as not to affect the facade architecture of the building and environmental sanitation.
3.1. Notes when designing ventilation and air conditioning systems in high-rise buildings
– When designing ventilation and air conditioning systems in high-rise buildings, it is necessary to ensure the criteria for limiting comfort and space in the room.
– When designing ventilation and air-conditioning systems, it is necessary to have technological solutions, architectural solutions and structures in a reasonable way to ensure hygiene requirements, technical standards, economy and economy. economic.
– To ensure natural ventilation, it is necessary to create wind through the room with the inlet and outlet. At the same time, it is necessary to have solutions for insulation and shading according to the provisions of current standards.
– Air ducts of ventilation and air conditioning systems must be vertical to discharge and supply air. These risers are connected with ducting branches for each floor, using mechanical or natural propulsion.
– The branch pipe on each floor is connected to the vertical pipe close to the ceiling of the upper or lower floor compared to the floor with the branch pipe. For high-rise buildings with more than 10 floors, on the air inlet branch pipes of the top two floors at the horizontal pipe inlet position, automatic one-way valves must be installed.
4. Design solutions for lighting, lightning protection, communication systems
– Lighting design for high-rise buildings is very important, they must comply with current standards on lighting. It is best to design the room to take advantage of natural light from the sun. Natural lighting can be side lighting, top lighting or mixed lighting.
– Note, in case natural lighting is not guaranteed, artificial lighting must be used for working lighting, incident lighting, lighting to disperse people and protective lighting.
– Architectural solutions for shading must not affect natural lighting. In addition, the power distribution cabinet providing lighting in high-rise buildings must be located in the technical room. Electrical cabinets and panels are located on the floors to supply electricity to the apartments and facilitate management, use, repair and aesthetics.
– The power supply from the cabinet, floor electrical panel to the electrical panel of each apartment must go by wires or cables along the corridor and buried underground in the wall. In case of floating clamps in the technical floor, the wire must be threaded through a self-extinguishing plastic pipe or steel pipe
– Lighting system is protected by aptomat. Control switches and sockets are installed at a height of 1.20m
– In areas of corridors, stairs and halls of floors, emergency lighting and lighting to disperse people must be arranged.
– The power transmission line system must be designed independently from other systems, and at the same time, it must be easily replaced and repaired when necessary.
4.1. Lightning protection solution
– When designing MEPs of high-rise buildings, special attention must be paid to lightning protection solutions to avoid the possibility of direct lightning strikes, electrostatic induction and electromagnetic induction. Protection against high voltage of lightning propagating along low voltage power supply lines in the building. Encourage the use of advanced lightning protection systems, ensuring architectural aesthetics and waterproofing and leaking roofs.
– The selection of lightning protection solutions is calculated according to the requirements of current lightning protection standards. In high-rise buildings, it is necessary to design synchronously the information, communication, radio and television systems. In case of necessity, there is a remote control system for technical equipment.
4.2. Communication systems and electrical accessories
– Design and installation of communication and broadcasting systems must comply with relevant specialized standards. Cable distribution cabinets are located in technical rooms built on a 0.5m high pedestal and are pulled to the junction boxes located on the floors. The terminal block is placed at a height of more than 1.5m.
– In the house, the phone sockets placed underground in the wall are arranged at a height of 0.5m depending on the interior architecture. The telephone subscriber network is designed according to the principle diagram of the ray network.
– All wires are underground in the wall and pulled out to the junction box on the floors. From the junction box on the floors, pull down the cable distribution cabinet located on the 1st floor to connect to the outside system of the city.
– Allow arranging radio and television reception antenna columns on the roof. In case of necessity, it is allowed to arrange television receivers on the roof deck. The television network system from the distribution cabinet to the apartments must be sealed, and at the same time, there must be a lightning protection solution for the television reception poles.
– To ensure security for the entire building, it is advisable to arrange a code lock set at the entrance at the main hall. Concentrated gas and gas supply systems must comply with relevant specialized regulations.
5. Fire prevention design solutions (required)
– When designing fire prevention for high-rise buildings, it must comply with the provisions of current standards. At the same time, it is necessary to organize roads, fire fighting water supply systems and fire alarm systems in high-rise residential areas.
– High-rise buildings must be designed with fire resistance grade 1. The minimum fire resistance limits of construction components and materials are specified in current standards on fire prevention and fighting for houses and buildings. submit .
– In a high-rise building, it must be divided into fire-blocking zones or compartments. The fire prevention zone is the buffer space that divides the house along the width (length) and height of the house.
– Ensure the fire safety distance from the apartment door to the nearest emergency exit in the construction. The distance from the apartment door to the nearest emergency exit should not be more than 25m.
– Arrangement of parking spaces in the building must meet the requirements for fire prevention and escape for people when there is an incident. The escape ladder must be designed adjacent to the outside.
5.1. An escape route is considered safe when it meets one of the following conditions:
– Go from the 1st floor apartments directly out or through the lobby to the outside
– Go from the apartment on any floor (except the 1st floor) to the corridor with an exit.
5.2. Stairs and escape corridors must meet the following requirements:
– There is pressurized ventilation and no smoke accumulation in the elevator room
– There are incident lights.
In high-rise buildings, a fire alarm system should be installed. Depending on the level of comfort and use requirements, choose the appropriate fire alarm system.
5.3. The automatic fire alarm system is located in the center of the building, including:
– Central fire alarm cabinet, zone signal board, smoke detector, heat detector and emergency fire alarm button. In addition, there must be an audio fire alarm device and communication device with the fire protection team. Technical requirements for installation of fire alarm systems must comply with current standards.
– Smoke detectors, heat detectors are installed for garage areas, other public areas and in electrical control rooms, elevator control rooms.
– Alarm devices such as loudspeakers, sirens and emergency alarm buttons are located in all areas, in conspicuous and easy-to-operate places. easily transmit alarm signals and notify the location of the fire.
– Fire hydrant boxes are located on each floor at stair halls and must ensure the supply of fire fighting water when a fire occurs.
Must arrange fire-fighting throat outside the house. This siphon is installed to connect the internal fire fighting piping system to the fire fighting water supply from the outside.
– In high-rise buildings, ventilation and smoke extraction systems must be installed in corridors and stairwells. Components of this system must be made of non-combustible materials.
– The ventilation or blowing system in the elevator room must ensure the safety of the equipment and the opening and closing of the window. In order to ensure the evacuation of people when there is a problem, there must be solutions to prevent smoke from the elevator. , the elevator room spreads to the floors and vice versa.
– In the lift well, it must be ensured to supply outside air from the separate system to the upper part of the lift well when a fire occurs. Ventilation and smoke exhaust equipment must be arranged in each ventilation box separated by fire prevention. Fire-fighting cabinets and control cabinets must be arranged on each floor.
Place to buy reputable products
P69 Mechanical Factory is proud to be the number 1 unit in the market providing mechanical processing products in general
Here, we own a team of designers, technicians, experienced workers. Well trained with high skill.
The system of equipment, machinery and technology is invested in the most modern and advanced. Guaranteed 100% product quality, genuine products guaranteed.
Customers can directly inspect the product before importing it. Refund if found counterfeit goods.
Various models, designs and product categories to meet the diverse needs of customers. Professional shipping and installation support.
The most competitive quote in the market.
So what are you waiting for, hurry up and contact us for a consultation
P69 Mechanical Factory Contact Information
Address: Km 18, Thang Long Boulevard, Thach That Quoc Oai Industrial Area, Hanoi
Headquarters: No. 06/165C, Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Telephone: 09666 86 969
Hotline: 0989 188 982