In addition to milling , the turning process by machines is also developed by many companies, operating to meet the needs of using products with high accuracy, durability and aesthetics. That has confirmed the position of turning machining in the current mechanical market. So if you are still wondering or have questions about turning processing, please follow the article below of P69 Mechanical Factory to answer all your questions!
What is turning machining?
– Turning is a method of cutting metal with a workpiece, performed by the movement of the workpiece and the turning tool. In which, the main activity of the circular motion of the workpiece constitutes the cutting motion. Combined with that is the composite tool reciprocating motion due to the simultaneous longitudinal (Sd) and transverse (Sng) feed.
– When turning a smooth axis, the horizontal feed motion Sng = 0. And the longitudinal feed movement will be non-zero. For the case of face turning or cutting off, the longitudinal infeed motion Sd = 0. And the transverse infeed motion Sng will be different from 0. From there, the turning process is performed in the best way.
– Of all the current machining methods, lathes account for 25-35% of the total equipment in the machining workshop.
Features of turning machining method
The turning machining method has some characteristics as follows:
– Unlike milling, which involves the rotation of the tool and the workpiece at rest, the turning method is based on the circular motion of the workpiece and the reciprocating motion of the cutting edge.
– The magnitude of the cutting speed V is basically based on the strength of the workpiece as well as the abrasion resistance and heat resistance of the cutting piece.
– Feed f is the distance traveled by the cutter in one revolution of the workpiece, rough turning uses large feeds, fine turning uses small feeds. Through the feed movement, the depth of cut is determined.
– Turning is mainly used to manufacture product parts with circular shapes such as smooth shafts, taper, holes, eccentrics, etc.
– The turning tool is usually composed of a replaceable tool holder and cutting piece. Usually, with different turning types, a compatible tool will be needed. Turning types in turning machining methods will be discussed later in this article.
– Currently, CNC turning machining greatly increases the accuracy and glossiness of product details and also helps to increase productivity in production.
Some metal turning methods
– Metal cutting processing methods such as turning, milling, planing and slotting, drilling – boring – reaming, troweling, grinding, grinding, fine grinding, ultra-fine grinding, thread surface machining, key surface machining and key, tooth surface machining, profiled surface machining, numerical program-controlled machine….
– Finishing method by plastic deformation: surface quality when finishing by plastic deformation, pressing rolling technology, vibrating press rolling technology, extrusion technology…
– Non-traditional machining methods: overview of non-traditional machining methods, mechanical processing methods, chemical machining methods, electrical processing, …
– Applications of CNC turning
– This type of processing is widely applied in the mechanical industry in general and the aerospace, automotive, marine, shipbuilding, medical, … in particular.
Please see more: MEP design solutions for high-rise buildings
Applications of turning machining
Some of the application types of turning machining are:
– Making auto parts, machine parts,…
– Making aircraft engines, turbines.
– Types of samples in round, cylindrical, triangular, …
Advantages and disadvantages of turning machining method
Any method has its pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of the turning machining method, let’s take a look!
– Works well with cylindrical and tubular products because the spindle is attached to the center of the workpiece. This means that all the cutting lines of the turning method give the same and symmetrical faces
– Very high turning accuracy, almost no eccentricity
– Is the key method of shaping threaded shafts, threaded pipes because other processing methods are almost unable to do this. Even if it can be done, turning machining still produces products faster, lower costs and more optimal tolerances.
– Product sizes are diverse because one machine can work with many workpieces of different sizes, in the case of large workpieces, there are still specialized machines for processing.
– Can use the spindle of the lathe to do the finishing steps such as grinding, polishing quickly
– Many machines allow this method to work with other materials such as wood
– The product is made in the form of a rotation axis, cylindrical symmetry, so it will not be possible to make complex patterns, only laces can be made.
– Like other machining methods, turning machining requires a technician’s level to control the machine as well as verify product quality.
– Turning is very demanding on the quality of the cutter, poor quality knives can lead to product failure.
Place to buy reputable products
P69 Mechanical Factory is proud to be the number 1 unit in the market providing mechanical processing products in general
Here, we own a team of designers, technicians, experienced workers. Well trained with high skill.
The system of equipment, machinery and technology is invested in the most modern and advanced. Commit 100% product quality, guarantee genuine goods.
Customers can directly inspect the product before importing it. Refund if found counterfeit goods.
Various models, designs and product categories to meet the diverse needs of customers. Professional shipping and installation support.
The most competitive quote in the market.
So what are you waiting for, hurry up and contact us for a consultation
Contact information P69 . Mechanical Factory
Address: Km 18, Thang Long Boulevard, Thach That Quoc Oai Industrial Park, Hanoi
Office : No. 06/165C, Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone : 09666 86 969
Hotline : 0989 188 982
Email : email@example.com
Linkdin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/nhamaycokhip69/
Website : https://cokhip69.com.vn/